Wd My Book Device free download - Unknown Device Identifier, USB Mass Storage Device, My Lockbox, and many more programs.
Dec 03, 2020 • Filed to: Answer Hard Drive Problems • Proven solutions
Help - WD My Book Data Recovery!
- WD 3TB My Book for Mac Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBYCC0030HBK-NESN. 4.3 out of 5 stars 378. Only 8 left in stock - order soon. More Buying Choices $99.85 (4 used & new offers) WD 4TB My Passport for Mac.
- To download the WD Driver Utilities to your Mac computer, make use of the following instructions. On your Mac computer’s web browser, visit the support page of WD. Here, click the My Book icon, and on the next page, select your product from the list. Scroll down and click the Downloads option.
- This update does not work on My Book for Mac, My Passport for Mac or My Book Studio. To disable the Virtual CD - If you are not running WD SmartWare and wish to disable the Virtual CD, click here for instructions.
- The following WD My Book data recovery guide is done with Recoverit Data Recovery for Windows. If you have a Mac, you can get a Mac version to follow similar steps to recover your lost data from WD My Book external hard drive. Note: Please make sure that your WD My Book external hard drive can be recognized by your computer.
Relax! Data on your Western Digital My Book external hard drive might be lost because of unintentional deletion, system error, drive formatting, virus infection, and even improper operation. As long as your music and photos are not overwritten by new data on your WD My Book external hard drive, you can possibly get them back. They are just marked as inaccessible data on your drive. When data loss happens, you just need to look for a Western Digital data recovery program to help you get files from the WD external hard disk immediately.
Best Mac Optimizer: CleanMyMac X. Most newer Mac machines (especially. Maintenance is an operating system maintenance and cleaning utility for macOS that you can use to perform miscellaneous tasks of computer maintenance: run periodic scripts; rebuild the databases; delete application, font, and system caches; and more. Maintenance is a reliable application. Download Maintenance for Mac to automator action for running Mac maintenance scripts. Mac OS X 10.5 PPC. Optimize your Mac, fix slow performance, fix app errors. BleachBit (Windows, Mac) Another system maintenance tool that can delete Windows Update logs. System clipboard, free up disk space, empty Recycle Bin, delete temporary or junk files, update. Mac os app store.
Wd My Book Essential Troubleshooting
- Part 1. Recoverit - The Best WD Data Recovery Software
- Part 2. How to Recover Data from WD My Book External Hard Drive
- Part 3. WD My Book Troubleshooting
Part 1. Recoverit - The Best WD Data Recovery Software
Recoverit Data Recovery is my best recommendation for you. This third-party WD recovery program enables you to recover data from WD My Book external hard drive in an easy and safe way. It is the powerful Western Digital data recovery software that helps you recover almost all types of files from your WD My Book external hard drive, such as music, photos, videos, documents, etc, no matter your file is deleted, formatted or corrupted.
Recoverit - The Best Western Digital Data Recovery Software
- Recover lost or deleted files, photos, audio, music, emails from WD external hard disk effectively, safely and completely.
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorders.
- Supports to recover data for sudden deletion, formatting, lost partition, virus attack, system crash under different situations.
Part 2. How to Recover Data from WD My Book External Hard Drive
1. Video: Recover Data from Western Digital External Hard Drive
In this video, we demonstrate to you the way of recovering lost or deleted files from WD external hard drive. Watch it and you will get to know the procedure in detail.
2. How to Recover Data from WD External Hard Disk
Free download and install Recoverit Data Recovery on your computer. The following WD My Book data recovery guide is done with Recoverit Data Recovery for Windows. If you have a Mac, you can get a Mac version to follow similar steps to recover your lost data from WD My Book external hard drive.
Note: Please make sure that your WD My Book external hard drive can be recognized by your computer.
Select a data recovery mode
To recover lost, deleted, formatted, and corrupted files from your WD My Book external hard drive, you can go to select 'External Devices Recovery' to start.
Select the location of WD My Book external hard drive
You just need to select the drive letter for your WD My Book external hard drive in the window and click the 'Start' button to begin scanning lost data on it.
Scan your WD My Book external hard drive
If the first scan cannot search your data, you can do a deep scan with the 'All-around Recovery' data recovery mode which will deeply search more data and take more time.
Recover files from WD My Book external hard drive
In the end, detected data on your Western Digital external hard drive will be displayed in the program window. You can view file names to check how many of your lost data can be recovered from your WD My Book external hard drive.
Then you just need to mark files you want and click 'Recover' to save them to your computer.
Note: Please do not save them back to your WD My Book external hard drive immediately after the recovery process.
Wd My Book External Hard Drive
Part 3. WD My Book Troubleshooting
Western Digital external hard drive is well-known for its reliability and durability. But nothing can be used repeatedly without any wear and tear. WD My Book external hard disk is no exception. Some issues might happen with a WD external hard disk, such as hard drive crash, undetected WD hard drive, bad sector, etc. Yet how do you know if the external hard drive is damaged or fails? Here we list some ways to help you make a correct diagnosis before deciding to replace it and recover lost data.
- Make sure the WD external hard drive is securely connected to the computer through a tough power cable and data cable. If it does but you can't access the data, it might mean the Western Digital drive is damaged.
- Notice whether there are abnormal noises, like clicking, grinding and scratching, when WD My Book is working. If yes, you might need to consider backing up or recovering data from the WD hard drive immediately.
- Verify the computer you are using is working normally. Sometimes the computer crash can cause inaccessible data and external hard drive. So you can connect WD My Book to another healthy computer.
These ways can help you simply check whether your Western Digital My Book hard drive is damaged or not, so as to prevent you from going into atray. Besides, if you want to use an external hard drive for a longer time, you should take good care of it. Here are what you can do to protect your Western Digital My Book external hard drive.
- It is better to unplug the Western Digital external hard drive with the computer off.
- Hold the side of a WD hard drive to avoid touching the PCB connectors or assembly.
- Do not shock your WD external hard disk such as dropping, jolting, or shaking the drive.
- Don't put anything light or heavy on the top of your Western Digital My Book hard drive.
Bad External Hard Drive Troubleshooting:
The Bottom Line
Wd My Book Download Mac Version
With the best professional data recovery software - Recoverit Data Recovery, a variety of data can be recovered from Western Digital My Book external hard drive without much effort. This data undelete software can let you get rid of the worries about data loss anytime anywhere. So if you suffer from some issues with Western Digital My Book hard drive which causes data loss, don't panic. Download the WD data recovery program and start retrieving lost files back.
What's Wrong with Drive
- Recover Your Drive
- Fix Your Drive
- Format/Wipe Drive
- Know Your Drive
How to map a WD network drive on a Mac
Wd My Book Not Working
In order to access and store data after setting up a WD NAS, such as: My Book Live or My Book Live Duo, My Cloud (Single Bay), My Cloud Mirror (Gen 2),My Cloud EX2 Ultra, My Cloud EX4, My Cloud EX2100 and My Cloud EX4100, My Cloud DL2100 and My Cloud DL4100 , My Cloud PR2100 and My Cloud PR4100(Multi Bay) NAS it’s best to map the network drive to one or more of the default shares.
Watch the video or follow this simple steps:
- In Finder, Click on Go in the menubar and Select Connect to Server or press ( command + K ) from keyboard
- Enter smb://devicename ( smb://wdmycloude ) and click on Connect
Note: If the mycloud device was renamed during the setup, enter “smb://newdevicename” (where newdevicename is the name the device was given)
3. Choose the radio button Registered User and enter the Name and Password of the user with access rights to the particular share to be mapped
My Book For Mac Manual
4. Choose a share on the drive and Click on OK
Wd My Book 4tb Review
Note: if the shared drive not appear on desktop follow this steps To show the mapped drives on the desktop open the Finder preferences (Select Finder then Preferences) and check the Connected Servers box.