- The Best Free Photo Organizer App For Mac 2018 Torrent
- The Best Free Photo Organizer App For Mac 2018 Review
- The Best Free Photo Organizer App For Mac 2018 Crack
- The Best Free Photo Organizer App For Mac 2018 Free
If you are looking for free and powerful photo organizer app for your device, Photo Album is one of the best options for you. Photo Album is a free photo management app that lets you organize your photos with drag and drop feature. See full list on tomsguide.com.
Taking photos is the best way to preserve treasured moments and precious memories. We take photos using our cameras or our phones and we save these photos in our computers. When we save these photos into our computers, it gets a little messy and it’s so hard to find specific photos when we need them especially if there are thousands of them saved in our computers.
Remember the time when we were only able to take photos using film cameras? Once we have those films developed and printed out, we organize these photos into photo albums per occasion or per memory. We need something similar to this to be able to organize all our photos on our computer.
Just try to imagine a very close friend is leaving. You want to compile all your happy memories shared together. It’s going to take forever to be able to find all those photos if you don’t have a photo organizer in your computer. You will waste hours or even days trying to find all those photos when you could have saved a lot of time if you had a photo organizer in your computer.
Don’t fret. There are a lot of photo organizing softwares available in the market and we have chosen the best ones. Here is a list of the 20 best photo organizing software for windows which are free to download.
Photo Organizing Software for Windows & Mac
digiKam is an advanced open-source digital photo management tool that can be used on Windows, Linux, and MacOS.
digiKam allows you to upload, delete, and lock images. You can also auto-rename and auto-rotate pictures while importing them. digiKam allows the auto-creation of albums and lossless conversion of the images during import. It also shows the information of the camera used in taking these photos.
digiKam allows you group together raw files, videos, and photos into albums and sub-albums. It also lets you add comments and tags to photos and albums. You can sort the albums by creation date, category, or by folder. The images or videos inside the album can be sorted out by name, file size, path, and date. You can also create a filter for the albums.
You can export the photos to social media such as Facebook, Flickr, Flash etc.
2. FastStone Image Viewer
FastStone Image Viewer is an image viewing tool used as a browser, converter, and editor.
- Supports different formats such as jpeg, bmp, png, gif, etc.
- Import images from a camera, scanner, and media devices
- Different management and editing features such as sorting images into albums, image comparison, metadata editing, color adjustments, resizing, cropping, creating a slideshow, etc.
XnViewMP is a very powerful and efficient photo viewer, browser, and converter that can be used on Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Reads and supports more than 500 formats including animated still formats
- Exports to 70 different file formats
- Change the size of the pictures and reduce the file size of photos
- Organize your photo library in various views such as full screen thumbnail, or filmstrip
- Rename and convert images in batches
- Find duplicate images
PicaJet is an award-winning, powerful, and feature rich digital photo management and image database software that can help you organize your photos efficiently.
- Create various image categories
- High speed photo indexing
- Automatic import of folder names and metadata information as categories
- Use image icons or icon sets for different categories
- Dynamic categories that allow one to check the status of an entire photo collection
- Works with huge databases, that is, an album can contain even ten thousands of photos and you can create unlimited number of albums
- Allows you to save the photos on a CD or DVD
- Super zoom feature with just one click
- Hide private photos by using the hidden tag
- Imports images from cameras, scanners, webcams, and computer folders
- Batch metadata editing
- Supports more than 60 image file formats
- Supports video files such as AVI, QuickTime, MPEG2, ASF, MPEG4, etc.
- Search through filters
- Search by any criteria including camera model, shutter speed, ISO, etc.
- View images in a timeline
- Automatic response to external file changes
- Send photos to mobile phone
5. Zoner Photo Studio X
Zoner Photo Studio X is a high-powered photo editing software that allows you to import, organize, and edit photos. Once you import photos from your camera, Zoner Photo Studio sorts them into folders automatically. It can rename, tag, and even back up photos. It saves all the essential information about the photos into a database called the Catalog which makes managing and searching photos more efficiently.
- Quick selection of images for import
- Auto-sort photos into folders by place, date, and keywords
- Batch assignment of keywords, descriptions, etc
- Batch renaming
- Browse by location, date, or keywords
- Colored labels and star ratings
6. StudioLine Photo Basic
StudioLine Photo Basic is an image management tool with a couple of editing and presentation features.
- Easily share videos and photos on the web
- Edit photos with image tools such as exposure correction, red eye removal, crop, rotate, add special effects, and auto tone levels
- Burn photos into a CD or DVD
- Geotag images
- Automatically load files that were not previously loaded
- Supports dual monitor video cards
- Batch processing
- Sort images according to criteria
7. JetPhoto Studio
JetPhoto Studio is an easy-to-use and feature-rich digital photography software.
- Management of photos using the calendar and map
- Geotag photos using GPS
- Create web and Flash galleries with just a few clicks
- Upload desktop albums into web albums like Flickr with just one click
- Create Google Map galleries using geotagged images
Tested on the latest version of Mac and Windows 10.
8. Magix Photo Manager
Magix Photo Manager is a free program that allows you to easily manage your collection of photos.
- Import photos direct from cameras, smartphones, and also various cloud services
- Facial recognition
- Categorize and rate of photos
- Removes duplicate photos
- Find similar image content
- Save photos in a CD, DVD, or hard drive
- Magix Slideshow Maker
- Share videos on Youtube
Phototheca is a photo management software that allows you to import photos from different devices and share these photos to your social networks.
- Import photos from USB drives, cameras, cellphones, local drives, memory cards, iOS devices, and network shares
- Filter photos by date or camera model
- Calendar and timeline features
- Detects duplicate photos
- Supports multiple image and video formats
- Lets you tag videos with keywords and also write descriptions
- Share photos on Flickr, Google Photos, Facebook, and Twitter
- Smart Album feature
- Live Album feature
10. Photo Organizer
Photo Organizer is a free tool that allows you to keep digital photos organized and easy to find.
- Scans the computer for image files that are scattered all over the system and organizes them at a specific folder or location based on the metadata
- Rename multiple images in a batch
- Remove duplicate photos
- Undo changes and move images back to their original location
11. Pictomio Image Management
Pictomio is a software application that allows you to manage, categorize, search, and archive photos.
- Geotag photos and videos
- Create animated 2D and 3D slideshows
- Available in multiple languages such as German, French, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, and English
- Rotate and zoom videos
- Map view or trip view of images
- Manage trips
- Share photos on google photos, flickr, facebook, photobucket, and ImageShack
12. Adobe Bridge CC
Adobe Bridge CC is a media browsing application used to manage and work with digital assets of all kinds.
- Organize and edit images in a batch
- Organize and keep HDR and panorama images
- Upload photos to Adobe Stock
- Drag-and-drop files
- Support for HIDPI and Retina displays
- Rename multiple files using a single command
- Browse, rate, and tag photos
- Convert image files into various formats
- Watermark photos
13. Nikon ViewNX-i
The Nikon ViewNX-i is a photo album software that features enhanced usability for different functions.
- Photo Tray function allows users to store still images or movie files temporarily from various folders to make editing easierr
- Easily switch between browse, map, and web service workspaces
- Create slideshows that include still images, videos, music, and titles
- Map travels when using GPS enabled cameras
- Upload files easily to Youtube, Facebook, and Nikon Imaging Space
- Flexible image adjustment and RAW processing
14. Microsoft Photos
Microsoft Photo is an application that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share digital memories.
- Browse photo gallery by album, folder, or date
- Automatic creation of albums that can be edited to add personal touch
- Easy-to-use editor allows enhancement of photos
- Create, browse, and share albums using OneDrive
- Compare enhanced photo to original photo
FreshView is a multimedia organizer that allows you to manage and organize your multimedia files.
- Create and print HTML albums
- Create HTML page for images
- Save images in JPEG, GIF, and BMP formats
- Open different file types in different formats – image, video, audio
- Supports 86 multimedia formats including GIF, PNG, JPEG, TIFF, Photo CD, PSD, MP3, MPEG, MIDI, AVI, and MOD
- View photos in a slide show with various effects available
- Image files can be displayed through a number of views
- Convert graphics front one type to another
IrfanView is a compact photo editor with viewer that provides a variety of tools and options to organize and enhance photos. It is one of the most popular viewers worldwide.
- Fast and compact
- Supports different languages
- Simple but powerful
- Supports around 120 image, video, and audio file formats
- Batch processing of multiple photos
- Add overlay image or text
- Create slideshows
- Offers support for plugins to add additional functionalities
- Create thumbnails and slideshows
- Edit metadata
- Search images
- Add effects and finishing touches to your photos with just a few clicks
Daminion is a digital assets management solution for saving images, documents, and videos structurally.
- Import, export, and manage files in a variety of formats including camera RAW images, music, video, PDF files, raster, and vector
- Import and export filter and tags data
- Resize and switch views with ease
- Group files by capture time
- Rename files, assign tags, and create subfolders while importing files
- Move folder with media files to a new location
- Open multiple catalogs in separate tabs
- Work with local and shared catalogs in the same workspace
- Share photos to Facebook and Flickr
- Convert files without creating duplicates
- Export media files with specific conversion rules
PicPerk is an image viewer and editing tool that supports the most common graphic formats.
- Supports formats such as GIF, JPEG, BMP, TIFF, PCX, TGA, and WMF
- Convert, copy, move, rename, and delete files
- View photos as thumbnails or in a full screen
- Contains zoom functions
- 33 image-edition effects that includes red-eye removal, crop, and resize
Diffractor is an award-winning tool that allows you to organize and edit files. It is lightweight and is optimized for Windows. It uses standard file formats.
- Tag-toolbar that lets you quickly set or remove favorite tags
- Resize, rotate, crop, and adjust color in the images
- Index and search using metadata
- View photos even in RAW formats
- Play audio files and videos
- Filter media type by using keywords
- Add tags to your files for easy and convenient search
- Deleted unwanted photos
- Rate photos
- Use keywords and tags
- Use locations
Photoscape is an easy and fun photo editing software that allows you to fix and enhance images.
- Create a slideshow
- Edit multiple photos in one batch
- Merge multiple photos on a page frame to create the final photo
- Attach photos either vertically or horizontally to create just one photo
- Created an animated GIF using multiple photos
- Find similar faces on the internet
- Convert RAW files to JPG
- Rename files in one batch
There are various photo organizing or management tools and applications that are available in the market. These are the ones that you can download for free without having to pay for anything. There are other softwares that are also of good quality but you have to spend some cash to be able to access these applications. Always check for the reviews and the features of each tool or software to be able to decide the photo management tool that best suites your style and needs in managing your photos and videos.
With cameras so readily available, it’s easy to accumulate more photos than you know what to do with. You probably take dozens of pictures when you go out, meet up with friends, or go on vacation. And while taking photos is fun, organizing them is work. But it doesn't have to be that way. In this article, we’ll show you how to organize pictures on your Mac with the Photos app and without it. Here are the things you’ll be reading about:
- How to merge your photo libraries in the Photos app
- How to group pictures using Smart Albums in Photos
- Tricks for keeping your Photos library organized
- How to organize pictures outside of the Photos app
Tips to help organize photos on a Mac
1. Consolidate an all your photos in the Photos app for Mac
When macOS Yosemite was released in 2014, the Photos app finally came to Macs, replacing outdated iPhoto. Now with Photos, you’ve got more organization tools, including the ability to switch between libraries and merge them. To start with, let’s get all of your photos from different places onto your Mac. Here’s what you should do:
- Use iCloud Photo Library to ensure that everything you take on an iOS device is synced automatically with your Mac. Alternatively, AirDrop photos from your iPhone and/or iPad to your Mac.
- Import photos from external drives to the Photos app on your Mac
- Import photos from your camera
- If you have several libraries in the Photos app, merge them into one
The Best Free Photo Organizer App For Mac 2018 Torrent
Once everything is on your Mac and in one library, it’s easier to get organized. Let’s take a look at a few questions most people have when they juggle several Photos libraries.
How to get rid of duplicate Photos?
The next thing is to get rid of the duplicate and similar-looking pictures that are wasting space on your hard drive.Thankfully, the app Gemini 2 can scan your entire hard drive to quickly find and get rid of them. After you’ve downloaded and installed Gemini 2, you can follow these steps to declutter your photos:
- Download Gemini 2 for free, install and launch the app.
- Click + > Pictures Folder.
- Then, click Scan for Duplicates and let it go.
- Choose either Review Results or Smart Cleanup.
Review Results does exactly what it promises and will let you see your duplicate files grouped together, making it that much easier to decide which version you want to delete. While Smart Cleanup will get rid of your duplicates with just one click.
The Best Free Photo Organizer App For Mac 2018 Review
How do I switch libraries in Photos?
Libraries in Photos can come from a few different sources, including external devices such as cameras and iPhones. If you were using iPhoto prior to Photos, each device and source will have a Systems Photo Library. You can switch between them, and here is how you do that:
- Go to Launchpad
- Hold down the Option key, and then double-click on the Photos app to see the libraries you have on this device
- Now you can move easily from one photo library to another and open the one you want by double-clicking it
How to create a new Photo library on Mac?
Creating a new library is easy. If Photos is open, you’ll need to quit and reopen to create a new library:
- Hold down the Option key
- Double-click on the Photos apps
- Click the Create New button, then choose Library
- Give your new library a name and click OK
How to merge two or more Photos libraries?
At present, there is no native macOS tool for merging libraries in Photos. Essentially, what you’ll be doing is moving all pics to one new library. So, create one as described above, and then follow these steps:
- Launch Photos holding down the Option key and select one the libraries you want to merge
- In the menu bar, click Edit > Select All
- Again in the menu bar, select File > Export. Now you’ve got the following options:
- Export Unmodified Original. This will export every image in these libraries, excluding any edits or changes made to them.
- Export [number of photos you want to export] Photos, which gives you the option to pick a format and select Full Size. That will export your photos as they are, with any edits you’ve made, in TIFF, PNG, or JPEG formats.
How do I delete a Photo library from my Mac?
If you want to delete a library, it’s super easy. You just navigate to the Pictures folder on your Mac, locate the library you want gone, and move it to the Trash. However, you’ll want to make sure you’ve got all the images and videos out of it first. Export them like we described in the previous section, and then trash the library.
2. Use Smart Albums in Photos to organize your pics
After merging your libraries and clearing out duplicates and similar images, take photo organizing one step further and group the remaining pics with Smart Albums. Let’s take a look at how to use this fantastic feature of the Photos app to your advantage.
What is a Smart Album in Photos?
Smart Albums are a way of grouping images by the parameters you set. Live gender voice changer software mac. Maybe you’ll want an album to contain photos taken last Christmas, or you’d rather group all the pics of your kid together. All that and more can be done with a Smart Album. As is the case with a regular Photos album, you can edit and delete it.
How to make a new Smart Album in Photos?
Creating a new Smart Album is simple:
- Launch Photos
- Click the + button next to My Albums in the sidebar
- Select Smart Album<
- Give your Smart Album a name
- Choose the Parameters, e.g. “kids,” “days out,” “Holiday 2018.” You can modify these at any time.
- Click OK to create
By developing a system (e.g., photos are grouped into albums by date taken) and using Smart Albums, you’ll make sure your photo library is easy to navigate, even if it contains thousands of photos from 2001 and up until now.
3. Other tricks for keeping your Photos library organized
Now that you’ve got your libraries consolidated and you’re using Smart Folders, here are a couple more tricks to help keep your pictures organized.
How to favorite Photos?
The more pictures you have in your Photos app, the harder it can be to find the picture you’re looking for. A simple way to view only the photos that are important to you is to favorite them. You can favorite an image in the Photos app either by:
- Selecting a picture and clicking the heart button in the toolbar.
- Hover your mouse over an image and click the heart in the bottom left corner.
Then, you can view all the pictures you’ve favorited by clicking Favorites in the left sidebar.
How to find faces on Photos?
Photos also has a facial recognition feature, which is great when you’re looking for pictures of a specific person. But it’s definitely not without its flaws. It will identify faces and make suggestions, but it requires you to put in some time to either verify the people in a picture or label them yourself. To view your pictures organized by faces:
- Click People in the sidebar.
- Select one of the people to view all of their photos.
How to create a shared album?
Shared albums are a collaborative way to share photos with your family friends. Everyone can drop their pictures from a specific event or place into one place. Follow these steps to create a Share album:
- In the left sidebar of Photos, hover over Shared Albums.
- Click the +.
- Name your album and invite people to collaborate.
- Click Create.
- Click All Photos in the sidebar.
- Drag and drop the pictures you want to add to that album.
If you forget to add someone when you’re creating the album, don’t worry. You can always add people to an album by clicking the button that looks like a person in a circle in the toolbar.
How to navigate through years and months?
Probably the most common way to view your photos is by the date they were taken. In the toolbar at the top, you can select to group your pictures by year, month, or even by date.
Even if you’re viewing your pictures in the All Photos tab, you’re still scrolling through them by date. You can use the scale slider to zoom out and see more photos from a time period or zoom in to see a specific period.
4. How to organize photos outside the Photos app
Of course, you don’t need the Photos app to organize your pictures. You can manage them within folders as you do with your documents or downloads. For some, this way maybe a little more difficult because you’re not able to see all of your pics simultaneously. But this does make it easier to transfer your photos or store them on an external hard drive.
When you’re not storing your pictures in the Photos app, it does make it harder to spot duplicates, though. So you should use an app like Gemini 2 and periodically scan for duplicate or similar-looking photos.
The app will scan your hard drive to show you copies of the same picture that are just wasting space. You can get rid of your duplicates with one click of the Smart Cleanup button or you can review the files Gemini 2 finds to decide which copies you want to delete. And the best part is you can download Gemini 2 and try it for free!
How to find all photos on Mac?
If you have pictures everywhere on your computer and you’re wondering how to find the photo files on your Mac, the easiest way is with Smart Folders in Finder. Setting up a Smart Folder will allow you to see all of your pictures in one Finder window, regardless of where they’re actually stored. To set up a Smart Folder for your pictures:
- In a new Finder window, click File > New Smart Folder.
- Click “This Mac” and then click the + in the right corner.
- From the drop-down menus, change Name to Kind and Any to Image.
- If you want to save the Smart Folder so you can come back to it, click Save and then name the folder.
But the best way to organize your photos on a Mac is in a detailed folder structure, typically by date of when you took the pictures. And once you have a Smart Folder where you can find and see all of your photos in one place, it makes it a little bit easier to sort and organize them into easy-to-navigate folders.
How to view pictures on Mac?
Viewing pictures on a Mac without Photos is easy, but can get tedious really quickly. You can use Preview to open and view your pictures. The major drawback to doing this is you first have to find the photo file(s) in Finder and then double-click to open them with Preview.
The Best Free Photo Organizer App For Mac 2018 Crack
That’s it, hope this short guide helps you cope with your photo overload. And remember: the best way to organize photos on your Mac is to keep your library lean and manageable — free from clutter and useless copies. Gemini 2 will gladly help with that.