Superior Windows XP x64 Edition (64 bit) revival July 2009
WinApp Superior Windows XP x64 Edition (64 bit) revival July 2009 1.02 GB
Superior XP64 Last Revival Edition is recommended over all older XP64 releases. This is not 'warez', no files are 'cracked' in this OS and everything is guaranteed virusfree. Don't pay for this download. Don't trust other sources of this OS
This is a clean SECURE thoroughly tested A/V & IT Expert's version of XP64.
Built upon Windows XP Professional x64 Edition retail SP2 (NT 5.2.3790.3959).
With inline *corporate* Volume License Key, so this release passes the
'Windows Genuine Advantage' checks, and a product key is NOT needed (see
AMD64WINNT.SIF on the iso if you need the key for Virtual installs). Have
a key of your own? Try this: http://magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/old.shtml
Windows XP x64 supports up to 128GB of RAM !
This Windows version is designed to work with 64-bit processors from AMD and
Intel that support the x64 extensions to the x86 architecture. These include
Athlon 64, Athlon 64 FX, Mobile Athlon 64, Turion 64, Opteron processors from
AMD, and all Xeon, Pentium 4, Dual, Quad & 8 Core Intel setups with EM64T.
This XP is Multilingual User Interface ready (ALL Languages/Keyboard types!),
and is more complete than earlier releases, including Outlook Express and IE8 !
If you are a beginner, at least make sure your system is really safe:
This XP64 is intended for those who - like us - prefer a Classic minimal
approach, those who prefer OpenOffice, do audio- or video-editing, creative
and developing work, and/or those who generally wouldn't share their PC/laptop
with other users. You can however create new users and switch between them.
If you're the type that feels at home being Administrator
*all the time*, then this will be a Superior OS for you.
INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS (read before installing!)
Burn the .iso Image-file to DVD at 4 X speed or slower, use http://ImgBurn.com
No need to unpack anything, just burn the file directly, it's a boot-disc image.
( SHA1 of sxp64_revival.iso: d9352319111244b40ac382f3736bdfcefbb4fb4a
you can use http://www.slavasoft.com/hashcalc/ to check this )
A fresh Install is recommended. Repair or Upgrade of existing Windows installs
has not been tested, but functionality for running setup.exe is 100% available!
Power on your PC/laptop, press the button for the system to enter BIOS.
Make sure your mainboard BIOS Version is up-to-date.
Set Power Management (ACPI) to Enabled in BIOS.
Change the Boot sequence to DVD (CDROM) first, then Save and Exit BIOS.
'Press any key' when asked to boot with the DVD, and after about 5 minutes
you should Quick-Format the desired storage partition for SXP64 to NTFS.
-> You only need to boot from DVD once, DON'T Press a key at the next boot !
-> You will be prompted for the Regional Settings. ALL files for Keyboards,
internationalization, input-languages are available, MUI support available!
-> Don't take out your DVD before installation is finished. Give the computer
sufficient time to decide what it must do, a good setup takes some time.
If you want to put SXP64 on a SSD, make sure you pre-align the partition:
(Do this *before* you use the SXP64 install DVD.)
Is this version of XP really 'Superior' to others ?
When you buy XP x64 Edition from Microsoft you'll get a rather old CD. So you
go to the Windows Update website and find out you need to update your system
with hundreds of patches, new drivers and so on. This update-process creates a
lot of extra slack on your harddisk, backups of previous versions of numerous
system-files and drivers, and roll-back options you'll never use, remain there.
Superior XP (SXP64) already has the latest versions of system-files built-IN,
ALL official XP x64 updates released until June 10 2009 are fully integrated!
Some parts of the original Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition were
bound to go wrong for most users, or were never being used, so these facts have
been considered creating SXP64, causing the removal of many files and updating
of the registry. All is improved in so many ways that it warranted a freshly
created install image to get better speeds and a more reliable daily workflow.
If your CPU and motherboard support x64 (64 bit), then this might
very well be the fastest Desktop/Workstation system you can find!
What also makes this install-image superior is the fact that many storage media
controller drivers are already integrated. This means you can install this OS
directly on new RAID/S-ATA/AHCI and SSD hardware without trouble or errors.
ADDED ITEMS & FEATURES
I n t e g r a t e d (pre-installed) into this XP64 release :
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.10, with add-ons ConfigMania and AdBlockPlus
- Sun Java JRE 6u14 i586 & x64
- Internet Explorer 8 (plus all security updates and some settings we prefer)
- Windows Media Player 11
plus IE8 and Firefox plugins, extra smooth/safe with tweaks.
- Quicktime Lite 2.90
- K-Lite Codec Pack (klmcodec485)
- PSPad (5/12/2009) -> Brilliant freeware Text Editor, replacing Notepad.
Better than Editpad, textpad, notepad2 or notepad++
( notepad.exe is still there, under folder Base )
- Total Commander 7.04a (king of filemanagers, with 7zip and iso-mount plugins)
- WinRAR 3.9 x64
- JKDefrag64 (replaces the Disk Defragmentation tool from MS)
- ERUNT -> Auto-backups state of registry, this crucial tool in essence
replaces System Restore, and works a LOT better! Info on using ERUNT:
- Autoruns (right-click My Computer) -> Much better than using MSConfig
- PuTTy -> 64 bit SSH client, replacing telnet and hyperterminal.
- DirectX 9.26.1590 (64 bit & 32 bit)
Note that DirectX 10 for XP64 (plus a 9-10 Switcher tool)
can be found via the Superior folder on your Desktop !
- Cool Themes ( the Themes service needs to be started ) .
* Embedded Theme from “Windows Embedded Standard CTP Refresh.”
* Energy Blue Theme Pack from Kelsenellenelvian's True Royale Addon.
* Royale Noir from Kelsenellenelvian's Royale Noir addon.
* Tablet PC Style adapted from MrNxDmX's Tablet PC Style Energy Blue Theme
Addon Pack with WMP10 Skin & Fedora Inverse.
* Zune Theme from ricktendo64's Zune Theme addon.
* Windows Aero Shadow mouse pointer scheme from Windows Vista.
(note that wallpapers have been replaced by some of our own)
UXTheme.dll has been patched, you can install any theme you want!
- Some more gorgeous unique Desktop Wallpapers included.
- Useful extra Fonts and Cursors!
We really LOVE these effective and lightweight cursors. And we work with this
font-set because these are the ones we prefer. We've seen too many systemfonts
not to know what's best for us. We also think the desktop background is really
cool and warm and has depth. We don't want fancy-ass useless bullshit on our
screens, we need our machines to work for us, deliver quality and save time,
not be paintings on the wall. So, still think we could give a rats ass about
YOUR taste? Please design your own OS and push out your (ugly) preferences.
D R I V E R S
Any driver available for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition works in SXP64.
SOME drivers, BUT NOT ALL, are included and compatible hardware is checked
during installation. Only drivers for your hardware will be installed.
Intel, Realtek, Broadcom, Atheros ethernet/wireless drivers,
Gigabyte and many Intel chipsets/boards essentials.
All Intel(R) SATA AHCI RAID Controllers (Version 188.8.131.525)
JMicron JMB36X RAID Processor (latest!)
Forceware 182.85 WHQL XP 64 (all known NV GeForce videocards supported)
Ethernet Driver (v67.89) WHQL
SATAIDE Driver (v10.3.0.46) WHQL
SATARAID Driver (v10.3.0.46) WHQL
SMU Driver (v1.61) WHQL
GPU Driver (v181.51) WHQL
SMBus Driver (v4.69) WHQL
Away Mode Driver (v6.0.6000.107) WHQL
All Windows core drivers, AnalogDevices/Realtek Media, HD and SoundMax,
but NO other extra audio-chipset drivers are integrated !
Still missing drivers?
Try http://opendrivers.com and http://filehippo.com/ or ask the manufacturer
of your hardware brand about XP x64 drivers. They should supply them.
In most cases Windows 2003 x64 (server) and Vista x64 drivers work in SXP64 too.
E X C L U D E D
- Windows Search 4.0 (don't know anyone who uses it.)
- MS Silverlight (pfff.)
- Windows File Protection = DISABLED, but security catalogs still in tact!
- Indexing Service = Disabled.
The following have been REMOVED (looks like more than it really is!) :
# Applications #
Accessibility Options, Briefcase, ClipBook Viewer, All Games,
Defragmenter (replaced by JKdefrag!)
WordPad -> Get OpenOffice instead: http://filehippo.com/download_openoffice/
# Multimedia #
AOL ART Image Format Support, Images and Backgrounds, Mouse Cursors,
Movie Maker, Music Samples, Old CDPlayer and Sound Recorder
# Network parts #
Some Communication tools, Internet Information Services (IIS),
MSN Explorer, Windows Messenger,
Peer-to-Peer (see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457079.aspx
^- does not have influence on normal P2P (µTorrent, randpeer, Tor etc.)
# Operating System Options #
Administration Tools Pack and Templates, Document Templates,
Color Schemes, Windows Tour, DR Watson,
File and Settings Wizard, File System Encryption (try TrueCrypt instead!),
IExpress Wizard, MS Agent, Out of Box Experience (OOBE),
Private Character Editor, Search Assistant (who ever uses this?),
Security Center (Windows Firewall is still there!),
User Account Pictures (use your own)
# Services #
Alerter, Messenger, Simple TCP/IP Services, System Restore Service,
Telnet (telnet.exe removed as well, try typing putty at Run ;-)
( Check 'Last Session.ini' in sxp64 for the actual nLite preset used. )
A year ago, or more, I can't recall, 'oddsock' shut down, due to undisclosed issues.
A year before that, however, I'd already tinkered with the code, adding an ASIO version. Primarily for my own, unusual, set up. When oddsock shut down, I decided to step up and continue his work, hopefully improving on it.
* Allow changing YP info even for private stream
* Windows Vista/7 compatibility - user writable files (config/log) will default to userusernameappdatalocaledcast* folder
* for dsp versions in Windows Vista/7 compatibility - user writable files (config/log) will default to userusernameappdataroamingwinampplugins folder
* Password no longer clobbered by sending metadata
* Fixed device initialisation bug at startup in STANDALONE and DSP
* Fix long standing edcast issue with Virtual Audio Cables
* Fix internal buffer overflow when sending metadata
* NEW DSP with Fraunhofer support
* 'Are you sure' prompt when closing down edcast
* Attenuation per encoder
* Limiter with pre-emphasis and pre-gain
* Start in tray
* Improved audio handling
* Latest BASS.dll - fixes the 3 hour issue
* DSP version: set encoders individually to 'Always record from DSP' - allows 2 different sources for one edcast
* Don't log encoder speed unless logging level is set to DEBUG
* Fix config file issues
* Sample rate selection for ASIO
* VU Meter in RMS mode also shows peak
* fix MP3 settings - should be able to actually use some of the more esoteric settings.
Superior Windows Xp X64 Edition (64 Bit) (2011) Multilanguage Downloads
Edcast - X 64-bit Download - x64-bit download - freeware, shareware and software downloads. Black ops 2 pc key generator. Windows XP x64 Edition also includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Internet Explorer 6, so that user can still use browser extensions or ActiveX controls that are not available in 64-bit versions. Only 64-bit drivers are supported in Windows XP x64 Edition, but 32-bit codecs are supported as long as the media player that uses them is 32-bit.