were ever you go-- there you are
- Reaction score
- oberlin ohio
- First name
To identify the model number on a Stihl chainsaw, locate the nine-digit serial number that is stamped into the motor housing or crankcase, and then reference the owner's manual or contact the manufacturer for additional details. There the FS 88 was assembeld and the serial number stars with a 3. The second number. Before 2000, STIHL chainsaw model numbers began with a 0. For example, STIHL carried 017 and 025 model chainsaws. This changed around 2000 when they added MS to the beginning and moved the 0 to the end. The 017 became MS 170, 025 became MS 250, and so on. We're assuming that it, combined with the first number, makes up a. Stihl Serial Number Year Guide El Maestro De Maestros Augusto Cury Pdf Como Hackear Dream League Soccer Exchange 2019 Standard Vs Enterprise Morrowind View Distance Mod Play Battle Chess Free Pulse Secure Download Disable Activation Cmd Adobe Photoshop Realistic Hair Sims 4.
How to determine before buying that this is the original Stihl chainsaw? The easiest way to do this is by serial number. You can find it directly under the muffler. This is the case of the device. Sometimes the manufacturer indicates this information over the gear. It is located somewhat away from the muffler. Expressly approved by STIHL for use with the specific STIHL MultiEngine model are authorized. Although certain unauthorized attachments are useable with STIHL power tools, their use may, in fact, be extremely dangerous. If this tool is subjected to unusually high loads for which it was not designed (e.g. Heavy impact or a fall), always check.
How to identify STIHL Saw Chain. STIHL uses a Marketing Number System in addition to the part number. This allows easy identification of any chain. Stihl two-cycle chain saw. CHAIN TYPE: Stihl: BAR MOUNT PATTERN: SHORTEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED: 32cm (13 in. Production of this model commenced with serial no. Windows server 2008 remote install. The 028 Wood Boss is a chainsaw that Stihl has manufactured for a number of years. Videopad video editor professional serial key. Ken takakura. When trying to find replacement parts or other maintenance-related information, it might be necessary to know the exact year your Wood Boss was made.Also See for STIHL FS 40
Stihl Serial Number Lookup
Stihl Saw Serial Number Lookup
Instruction manual - 76 pages
Turntable for mac. Advertisement
Also See for Stihl STIHL FS 40
Related Manuals for Stihl STIHL FS 40
- Trimmer Stihl FS 38 Instruction Manual
- Trimmer Stihl FS 38 Instruction Manual(10 pages)
- Brush Cutter Stihl FS-KM Instruction Manual
- Brush Cutter Stihl FS 130 Instruction Manual(48 pages)
- Brush Cutter Stihl FS 75 User Manual
- Brush Cutter Stihl FS 510 C Instruction Manual(112 pages)
Summary of Contents for Stihl STIHL FS 40
Stihl 044 Serial Number Lookup
Stihl Chainsaw Serial Number Search
- Page 1 STIHL FS 40, 50 Instruction Manual.
Page 3: Table Of ContentsEnglish Contents Dear Customer, Guide to Using this Manual Safety Precautions and Working Thank you for choosing a quality engineered STIHL product. Techniques Approved Combinations of Cutting It has been built using modern Attachment, Deflector, Handle and production techniques and Harness comprehensive quality assurance.
Page 4: Guide To Using This ManualManual fuel pump If you have not used this type of power tool before: Have your dealer or other STIHL's philosophy is to continually experienced user show you how to improve all of its products. For this Operate manual fuel.
- Page 5 Only use cutting attachments and drive tube or loop handle. accessories that are explicitly approved for this power tool model by STIHL or are technically identical. If you have any questions in this respect, consult a FS 40, FS 40 C, FS 50, FS 50 C.
- Page 6 English In vehicles: Properly secure your power To reduce the risk of serious or fatal Check that the spark plug boot is – tool to prevent turnover, fuel spillage and burn injuries, check for fuel leakage. If secure – a loose boot may cause damage.
- Page 7 15 meters of your own idling, have the machine checked by position – even when starting. your servicing dealer. STIHL recommends a STIHL servicing dealer. To reduce the risk of Take special care in slippery conditions injury, avoid contact with (ice, wet ground, snow), on slopes or the cutting attachment.
- Page 8 English If your power tool is subjected to Always shut off the engine before Your power tool produces unusually high loads for which it was not leaving the unit unattended. toxic exhaust fumes as designed (e.g. heavy impact or a fall), soon as the engine is Check the cutting attachment at regular always check that it is in good condition.
- Page 9 Use only a spark plug of the type components (e.g. clutch, polymer Service the machine regularly. Do not approved by STIHL and make sure it is housing components) – and this can attempt any maintenance or repair work in good condition – see 'Specifications'.
- Page 10 If the wear limit marks are ignored, there from thrown parts of the head. is a risk of the cutting tool shattering and flying parts injuring the operator or STIHL PolyCut 6-3 Mowing Head with bystanders. Polymer Blades To reduce the risk of accidents from shattered blades, avoid contact with stones, metal and similar solid objects.
Page 11: Approved Combinations Of Cutting Attachment, Deflector, Handle And Harness– risk of accidents. Shoulder Strap Cutting Attachments Shoulder strap may be used Mowing heads STIHL AutoCut C 5-2 STIHL AutoCut 5-2 STIHL FixCut 5-2 STIHL PolyCut 6-3 FS 40, FS 40 C, FS 50, FS 50 C.
Page 12: Mounting The Loop HandleEnglish Mounting the Loop Handle Mounting the Deflector Your new power tool comes with the loop handle mounted on the drive tube, but it must be turned and lined up to suit your requirements. Adjusting the loop handle The loop handle can be adjusted to suit the height and reach of the operator and the application by changing distance (A).
Page 13: Mounting The Cutting Attachment– turn the thrust plate back and forth if STIHL AutoCut 5-2 mowing head, necessary. STIHL AutoCut C 5-2 mowing head Pull the thrust plate (1), if fitted, off Fitting Mowing Head with Screw the shaft (2).
- Page 14 English STIHL AutoCut 5-2 Slip the mowing head (2) over the Screw the mowing head shaft (5) and engage hex recess (7) counterclockwise on to the shaft (1) Fit the spring (1) in the mowing on the external hexagon (6).
- Page 15 English STIHL AutoCut C 5-2 STIHL PolyCut 6-3 STIHL FixCut 5-2 Slip the mowing head (2) on to the Fit the thrust plate on the shaft. Slip the thrust plate (2) over the shaft – as AutoCut 5-2. shaft. Insert the nut (10) in the mowing Turn the spool (9) clockwise until head.
Page 16: FuelUse only high-quality two-stroke engine STIHL MotoMix uses STIHL HP Ultra Use the combination wrench oil – preferably STIHL HP, HP Super or two-stroke engine oil for an extra long (special accessory) to loosen and HP Ultra, which are specially formulated engine life.
Page 17: Fueling30 days. Exposure to light, the sun, low or high temperatures can quickly make the fuel mix unusable. STIHL MotoMix may be stored for up to 2 years without any problems. Thoroughly shake the mixture in the canister before fueling your machine.
- Page 18 Filling up with fuel Take care not to spill fuel while fueling and do not overfill the tank. STIHL recommends you use the STIHL filler nozzle for fuel (special accessory). Filling up with fuel Closing tank cap with hinged grip Fold the grip flush with the top of the cap.
- Page 19 English Filling up with fuel Take care not to spill fuel while fueling and do not overfill the tank. STIHL recommends you use the STIHL filler nozzle (special accessory). Closing screw-type tank cap Grip the cap – it is properly locked if Place the cap on the opening and it cannot be turned or removed.
Page 20: Starting / Stopping The EngineEnglish Starting the Engine Also use this setting if the engine has Starting / Stopping the been running but is still cold. Engine Cranking Controls Version with Loop Handle Press the manual fuel pump bulb (4) at least five times – even if Place the unit on the ground: It must the bulb is filled with fuel.
- Page 21 English As soon as the engine runs Engine does not start in warm start position < Move the choke knob to g and continue cranking until the engine runs. If the engine does not start Check that all settings are correct. Check that there is fuel in the tank and refuel if necessary.
Page 22: Operating InstructionsEnglish Operating Instructions Cleaning the Air Filter During break-in period If there is a noticeable loss of engine power A factory-new machine should not be run at high revs (full throttle off load) for the first three tank fillings. This avoids unnecessary high loads during the Reach into the recess (4) in the filter break-in period.
Page 23: Adjusting The CarburetorFit a new spark plug after about 100 operating hours – or sooner if the electrodes are badly eroded. Install only suppressed spark plugs of the type approved by STIHL – see 'Specifications'. Clean dirty spark plug. The carburetor has been set at the.
Page 24: Engine Running Behavior(carbonization) by your Do not pull the rope over the edge of servicing dealer. the guide bushing. STIHL recommends that you have Do not pull out the rope more than servicing and repair work carried out specified. exclusively by an authorized STIHL Do not allow the starter grip to snap servicing dealer.
Page 25: Storing The MachineEnglish Adjusting nylon line Storing the Machine Maintaining the Mowing Head STIHL AutoCut For periods of about 3 months or longer Placing power tool on the ground Drain and clean the fuel tank in a well ventilated area. Dispose of fuel properly in accordance with local environmental requirements.
- Page 26 Fit nylon line in mowing head as 'Mounting the Mowing Head'. described in the instructions supplied. STIHL AutoCut C 5-2 Disassembling the mowing head and removing remaining nylon line In normal operation, the supply of nylon line in the head is used up almost completely.
- Page 27 English Winding line onto spool STIHL AutoCut 5-2 Removing remaining nylon line Hold the mowing head steady. Use green-coded nylon line with a Rotate the spool counterclockwise until the shortest line is about 10 cm diameter of 2.0 mm (0.08 in).
- Page 28 Mount the mowing head on the 'Mounting the Mowing Head'). machine. Replacing Cutting Blades STIHL PolyCut Always check the mowing head for signs of wear before installing new cutting blades. FS 40, FS 40 C, FS 50, FS 50 C.
- Page 29 English WARNING If there are signs of serious wear, replace the complete mowing head. The thermoplastic cutting blades are referred to as 'blades' in the following. The mowing head is supplied with illustrated instructions for replacing the blades. Keep the instructions for the mowing head in a safe place.
Page 30: Maintenance And CareCooling inlets Clean All accessible screws and nuts (not adjust- Retighten ing screws) Visual inspection Cutting attachment Replace Check tightness Safety labels Replace STIHL recommends an authorized STIHL servicing dealer. FS 40, FS 40 C, FS 50, FS 50 C.
Page 31: Minimize Wear And Avoid DamageEnglish servicing dealer. STIHL dealers are Rewind starter – Minimize Wear and Avoid regularly given the opportunity to attend Spark plug Damage – training courses and are supplied with the necessary technical information. Observing the instructions in this manual helps reduce the risk of unnecessary If these maintenance operations are not wear and damage to the power tool.
Page 32: Main PartsEnglish Main Parts Loop handle Carrying ring Stop switch Throttle trigger lockout Throttle trigger Carburetor adjusting screws Choke lever Air filter cover Spark plug boot 10 Machine support 11 Manual fuel pump 12 Tank cap 13 Tank 14 Starter grip 15 Muffler 16 Mowing head 17 Line limiting blade.
Page 33: SpecificationsFS 50 C with ErgoStart and Max. output shaft REACH regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006 long shaft: 1650 mm speed (cutting see www.stihl.com/reach. attachment): 10,600 rpm Noise and Vibration Data Ignition System Noise and vibration data measurements include idling and rated maximum speed Electronic magneto ignition with the same duration of exposure.
Page 34: Maintenance And RepairsTake the product, FS 50-L replacement parts which have been accessories and packaging to an FS 50 C approved by STIHL for this power tool or approved disposal site for environment- are technically identical. Only use high- friendly recycling. FS 50 C-E.
- Page 35 FS 40: 109 dB(A) all FS 50: 110 dB(A) Technical documents deposited at: ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG Produktzulassung (Product Licensing) The year of manufacture and serial number are applied to the product. Done at Waiblingen, 15.08.2014 ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG.
- Page 36 0458-546-0121-D englisch www.stihl.com *04585460121D* 0458-546-0121-D.