- Set up Exchange account access using Outlook for Mac. If you have Outlook for Mac, you can use it to access your Exchange account. See Add an email account to Outlook for instructions. Set up Exchange account access using Mac OS X 10.10 or later. If you're running Mac OS X version 10.10 or later, follow these steps to set up an Exchange email.
- Alternative Solution when Outlook Emails stuck in Outbox While performing manual procedures, there are chances of PST file corruption. Therefore, you can use PST File Recovery that can restore entire Outlook email items like Emails, Contacts, and Distribution groups, etc.
Here are some thoughts.
When you double-click the email, if you still get an Outlook error, close Outlook, sign out of Windows, sign back in to Windows, and start Outlook. I click and hold the email in the Outbox and drag it to the Drafts folder. You could delete the email instead, if you wanted to start over. So, you can continue to send and receive emails.
1) As for emails getting stuck in the Outbox, I frequently find that they users have exceeded their quota. If they are using Cached mode, it's not real obvious. Have them clean out their emails more frequently. Also, if you are able, consider not using outlook in cached mode.
2) Just to make it more obvious, you could right-click the Outbox and add it to the users' favorites.
3) You do know the trick about moving the stuff stuck in the Outbox, right? Drag the message to Drafts, then open the message, click send.
Not sure if that helps out much but those tips helped us some.
Original KB number: 2797572
When you send an e-mail message in Microsoft Outlook, the message may remain in your Outbox folder as shown in the following figure.
When this problem occurs, the message remains in your Outbox folder until you manually initiate a Send/Receive operation (for example, press F9 or select send or receive).
Outlook Honks And Mail Goes To Outbox In Outlook For Macs
This problem can occur if the Send immediately when connected option is not enabled, as shown in the following figure from Outlook 2016.
This setting is tied to the following registry data, so this setting can also be configured by an administrator through a modification of the registry.
Policy key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftOffice<x.0>OutlookOptionsMail
DWORD: Send Mail Immediately
In the above registry key paths, <x.0> represents the Outlook version (16.0 = Outlook 2016, Outlook 2019, or Outlook for Office 365, 15.0 = Outlook 2013, 14.0 = Outlook 2010, 12.0 = Outlook 2007, 11.0 = Outlook 2003).
Use the following steps to re-enable the Send immediately when connected option.
Outlook Honks And Mail Goes To Outbox In Outlook For Mac Os
Outlook 2010 and later versions
- On the File tab, select Options.
- In the Outlook Options dialog box, select Advanced.
- In the Send and receive section, enable Send immediately when connected.
- Select OK.
Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003
- On the Tools menu, select Options.
- In the Options dialog box, select the Mail Setup tab.
- In the Send/Receive section, enable Send immediately when connected.
- Select OK.
Outlook Honks And Mail Goes To Outbox In Outlook For Macbook Pro
Outlook Honks And Mail Goes To Outbox In Outlook For Macbook
If you are unable to re-enable this setting because it is grayed out, then the setting is being managed by group policy. In this situation, contact your administrator to have this group policy removed.