Open Outlook 2011 from the quick launch bar, or in the applications Microsoft Office 2011 folder. If Outlook is being opened for the first time, or no accounts exist the first screenshot below will be presented. Click on Exchange Account to begin the configuration. .Note: If you have not previously opened Outlook you will be provided with a welcome screen.From here click Add Account, select Exchange, then skip to step 4.
In Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac, you are repeatedly prompted for authentication while you're connected to your Office 365 account.
This issue occurs because of the presence of duplicate tokens in the keychain.
Outlook Authentication Problem
To resolve this issue in Outlook 2016 for Mac, install the February 2017 Outlook update (version 15.31.0) from the following Office website:
Outlook Authentication Issues
To work around this issue, delete any cached passwords for your account, and also delete any modern authentication tokens from the keychain. To do this, follow these steps.
These steps affect all Office applications that use modern authentication. Replacement for quicktime mac.
Quit Outlook and all other Office applications.
Start Keychain Access by using one of the following methods:
- Select the Finder application, click Utilities on the Go menu, and then double-click Keychain Access.
- In Spotlight Search, type Keychain Access, and then double-click Keychain Access in the search results.
In the search field in Keychain Access, enter Exchange.
In the search results, select each item to view the Account that's listed at the top, and then press Delete. Repeat this step to delete all items for your Exchange account.
In the search field, enter adal.
Select all items whose type is MicrosoftOffice15_2_Data:ADAL:<GUID>, and then press Delete.
In the search field, enter office.
Select the items that are named Microsoft Office Identities Cache 2 and Microsoft Office Identities Settings 2, and then press Delete.
Quit Keychain Access.
When you start Outlook, you are prompted to authenticate.
Outlook Authentication Error
Get Outlook for Mac
Outlook is included with Microsoft Office 365. Faculty and staff with full-service SUNet IDs can download Microsoft Office for Mac via webmail for free. See the Microsoft Office page for more information.
You can configure Microsoft Outlook to access your Office 365 account by setting up an Exchange connection. An Exchange connection provides access your email, calendar, contacts, and tasks in Outlook.
Note: Two-step authentication may also be required.
- Launch Outlook.
- On the Outlook menu, click Preferences and then click Accounts.
- Select Exchange or Office 365 for the account type
- Enter the following information for your Exchange account:
- Email Address: your @stanford.edu email address
- Method: User Name and Password
- User name: [email protected]
- Password: your SUNet ID password
- Configure automatically: checked
- Click Add Account.
- A message displays asking whether you want to allow the Outlook autodiscover server to configure your settings. Check Always use my response for this server and click Allow.
- Your Exchange account settings display. Close this window.