- Max Derungs Ramya Anantha Krishna Matthew Kaisersatt Nicole Malette Kalyn Holbert Brenda Lee Cantamessa Platzelman Marcie Fudala Sanfratello Randy Donna Luopa Edwin A Tatis. Mansoor Abbasbhai Bhori Kalawadwala Julius Moneybucks Lori Melvin Nettles Nur Azlina Ngadi Kristi Cappa Khong You Wei Joshua Scott Teagle.
- Support » Plugin: SAML Single Sign On – SSO Login. Search for: Search forums or Log in to Create a Topic.
ThePacific Northwest is a fertile ground for promoting biochar as an essentialtool in the mitigation of global warming. Not only does the PNW have the available biomass to support the development of abiochar production system, this region has a unique culture of people with the talentand enthusiasm for sustainability-- capable of advancing the production,research and utilization of biochar.
View Max Derungs’ profile on LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional community. Max has 3 jobs listed on their profile. See the complete profile on LinkedIn and discover Max’s connections and jobs at similar companies.
PNW Biochar is being developed by the Pacific Northwest region's biochar community for the purposes of advancing the merits of black earth soils, amplifying the scale of biochar development, and supporting a compelling vision of sustainable economic, social and environmental land use practices. Its charge will be to promote climate change mitigation, biomass energy, and soil fertility as an integrated whole at many scales.
- 1 Framework
To be of most value, the organization serves three main roles in the biochar community:
- To educate the public on biochar
- To be a forum for biochar innovation in the Pacific Northwest
- To establish sustainability protocols for the production and use of biochar
The exercise of each role informs and strengthens the other two roles, and altogether gives the purpose for their being assembled in one organization. The PNW Biochar Initiative intends to be a domestic non-profit 501c3 corporation registered in Oregon, with an officer or two and a board of directors comprised of three to nine members. It will be a Public/Private partnership - a openly funded organization with members providing institutional support.
Programs that inform the general public and businesscommunities about the purpose and value of biochar.
- Speaks at schools, events, festivals, conventions, etc.
- Maintains an online information database of regional field trials, links, contacts, organizations, etc.
- Catalogs biochar materials, soils, and climate data.
- Actively promotes biochar projects and collects case studies.
- Identifies problems with projects and consults on continuity and direction.
- Provides or helps develop operating facilities, soil sites and materials for testing.
- Identify appropriate technologies for project development.
A diversity of biochar interests, represented by a rich cross section of people from academicresearch, innovative nonprofits, supportive government, enthusiastic citizensand a burgeoning community of sustainable industries.
Symantec Definition Download For Mac. By geberkeydis1973 Follow Public. Install the latest Microsoft Security Essentials definition updates for computers running x32-based versions of Windows Install the latest Microsoft Security Essentials definition. Symantec definition download for mac. All things considered, Norton AntiVirus Definitions is an easy to install antivirus definition package that works out of the box and provides the most recent definition updates for your Norton /. You are looking for the standalone definitions updater, Intelligent Updater, for the Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client for Mac 14.x.
- Hosts an annual series of biochar conferences in the Pacific Northwest
- Assembles soil scientists, loggers, farmers, commercial forest and mill owners, the U.S. Forest service, OSU Forestry researchers, civil engineers, chemists, carbon traders (Climate Trust), USDA-ARS researchers, mechanical engineers, an electrical utility district (Consumes Power), ODOE policy, academic agriculturalists.
- Rigorously investigates field trials, tests and applications
- Supports biochar lab and field work through peer scientific testing, analysis and interpretation.
- Validates projects through collaborative peer review.
- Directs Funding
- Helps direct funding for economical biochar projects from public and private sources to biochar projects as the grant recipient or coordinator.
- Reaches Out
- Draws people to the forum not usually represented - (community organizations, tribes, and etc.)
- Connects to other biochar and other sustainability organizations -
- Develops Policy
- Assembles the science and community foundations beneath policy making.
Protocols & Certifications
PNW-Biochar is in the process of developing a set of Biochar Sustainability Protocols. The protocols will set guidelines for the creation of energy from biochar production,the sequestration of carbon and the creation of biochar based soil amendments.
- The Biochar Sustainability Protocol - guides the production and use of biochar from general agreement around values from feedstocks to production through distribution and end use
- The Carbon Minus Certification - creates a tiered labeling for food, fiber, and energy products that come from biochar soils.
- Open Sustainable Biochar Protocol
- Field Trials Project
- Certification of Products from Biochar Soils