When someone sends you an SMS or MMS message on your iPhone, it appears as a green bubble. iMessages appear as blue bubbles. When you set up Text Message Forwarding, you can send and receive the SMS and MMS messages from your iPhone on any Mac, iPad, or iPod touch that meets the Continuity system requirements.
- On the Messages screen, tap on Text Message Forwarding (See image below) 5. On the next screen, you will see a list of Apple devices linked to your Apple ID under “Allow these devices to send and Receive Text Messages from this iPhone”.
- Fixing Text Forwarding on Your Mac If you’re having a similar problem on your Mac, then you need to delve into Messages’ settings to fix it. First, open Messages and then open the Preferences, either by clicking on the “Messages” menu or using the keyboard shortcut “Command +,”.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings Messages Send & Receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices. On your iPhone, go to Settings Messages Text Message Forwarding. Text Messaging Forwarding code not showing up on macbook pro. Text message forwarding not working on Mac. Existing text messages not showing up in Messages app on new MacBook? Another reason Text Message Forwarding may not show up, is that you simply need to activate your Apple ID email address for use with iMessage. Even if it was enabled previously, it's worth checking this again, because it's a very simple fix if this is all it is. Open Settings Messages Send & Receive.
Set up text message forwarding
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.*
- Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.
Text Message Forwarding Ipad
As long as your iPhone is turned on and connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network, new SMS/MMS texts can be sent and received on the devices that you added.
iCloud now keeps your entire messages history updated and available on all your devices — even when you set up a new device. Mac soar matte lipstick lip liner. Learn how to keep all your messages in iCloud.
* Don't see the Text Message Forwarding setting on your iPhone? Go to Settings > Messages, turn off iMessage, turn it back on, tap Send & Receive, tap Use Your Apple ID for iMessage, then sign in with the same Apple ID used on your other devices.
Forward older text messages
- Touch and hold the message bubble that you want to forward, then tap More.
- Select any other text messages that you want to forward.
- Tap Forward and enter a recipient.
- Tap Send .
Code Not Showing Up On Mac For Text Message Forwarding
- Learn more about Messages.
- To forward an SMS/MMS from your iPhone, you need a text-messaging plan. Contact your wireless carrier for more information.
- Learn more about the Continuity features for your Apple devices.