Check iMessage Settings. If you’re facing the iMessage not syncing problem, the first thing you. Imessage For Macbook. 9/12/2019 Tips: You can start FaceTime call with your friend right from the app itself. Look for the FaceTime icon at the top right hand corner of the window. Use Messages with your Mac Set up iMessage. IMessage is the Apple messaging service you get automatically with your Apple ID. Have a conversation.
Look for methods on how to access/view iMessages online? This article will introduce you ways of reading iMessage online on both PC and Mac computer.
iMessage Tips & Issues
Basic iMessage Tips
iMessage Recovery Tips
iMessage Management Tips
iMessage Trouble Shootings
Can I check my iMessages online on Windows PC? My cell phone fell into the toilet, my screen is completely messed up and I was wondering if I can check my iMessages online or download them to my Windows computer or MacBook Air?
Check iMessage Online
Many iMessage users have a similar question that whether they could check or view iPhone messages online on PC or Mac. Officially, Apple company does not allow this to happens on non-Apple devices such as Windows, Android, or Linux devices. However, many users still want to use PCs or Mac to view iMessage online on PC or Mac. Or they may even seek to download iMessage history to their PC or Mac computer.
Fortunately, there are 2 methods that can help you view iMessages online. One is recovering iMessages from iCloud backup at first, and then read these online iCloud iMessages on your PC or Mac computer; the other is logging in your Apple ID on your Mac (including iMac, Mac Pro, MacBook) computer.
View iMessage Online on PC from iCloud Backup
You have learned that iCloud photos, notes, contacts can be checked through the official iCloud website as long as you log into iCloud with your Apple ID. Nevertheless, it’s a pity that you are not be allowed to view iMessages on iCloud directly. To access and view iPhone messages on computer from iCloud backup, you need a tool called PhoneRescue. PhoneRescue is a professional Android & iOS data recovery tool and PhoneRescue for iOS is dedicated to helping iOS users recover data from iTunes or iCloud backup. It has several outstanding features:
- Enables you to access and view 20+ types of iPhone data including iMessages in iCloud Backup without any limitation.
- Allows you to recover lost or deleted data from iDevice, iTunes backup, or iCloud backup easily.
- Supports to preview and selectively recover data according to your needs.
Now, download and install PhoneRescue for iOS. And then follow the steps to see how to view iMessages on your Windows computer with PhoneRescue for iOS.
Free Download * 100% Clean & Safe
Step 1. Select the Recover from iCloud Mode
Launch PhoneRescue for iOS on your PC or Mac computer > Launch it and select the Recover from iCloud mode > Log in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
Click on Recover from iCloud
Step 2. Choose the Content to Recover from iCloud
Select the iCloud Backup option under the category page.
Step 3. Select Messages to Download to PC/Mac
PhoneRescue will list all your iCloud backups > select the right one and click the Download button > Merely tick Messages and click on the OK button to start downloading messages from iCloud.
Choose Messages from iCloud Backup
Step 4. View iMessage for Windows
Now you can view and read all iMessages online with your computer > Click on the Recover to Computer button to download iMessages to your Windows or Mac computer.
View iMessage Online by Logging into iMessage on Mac
First of all, you need to notice that to use this method to access or read iMessages online, you need to have a Mac computer. If you don’t have a Mac, you can go to Method 1 directly. Here is how to view iMessages online on a Mac.
Imessage For Macbook Air
Step 1. Launch the Messages app on your Mac.
Step 2. Go to Preferences > Accounts.
Step 3. Sign in with your Apple ID to activate iMessage.
Then you can view iMessages online with your Mac now. As we mentioned before, this method applying to Mac users, if you are working with a PC computer, you can’t make it in this way. But Method 1 can help you view iMessage on windows.
The Bottom Line
After reading this guide about how to view iMessages online, you must have already known how to access iMessage on the Web. As you can see, Method 1 is more useful than Method 2 because it is applying to both Mac and PC users. Therefore, download PhoneRescue for iOS to give it a try >
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
Messages are vital stuff! Most of us have a habit of saving all our text messages. For some, losing an inbox is like the worst nightmare (Duh! Get a life dude). Whenever you buy a new device, the most complicated task stays of creating a backup and transferring your data. This is the part which we mostly try to avoid. So if you have recently purchased a MacBook and wondering how to transfer your iMessages to your new MacBook then you don’t have to worry at all. We’ve got you covered.
Also Read: 10 iMessage Tips to Make Texting Way More Fun Than Ever!
In this article, we are going to show you how to transfer iMessage chats from your old Mac device to new Mac.
How to Transfer iMessages to your new Mac
Brother hl 2140 software for mac. Step 1: Finding the iMessage Archive File
- Open the Messages app on your MacBook.
- Go to Messages > Preferences.
- Check the “Save history when conversations are closed” option.
- In the Finder, pick the Go menu and select the “Go to Folder” option.
- Now type “ ~/Library/Messages”.
- You will see Archive and Attachments folders under the Messages folder.
- This folder also contains one database file named as “chat.db“. This file holds all your conversation history. Now the next step is to move this folder to your new Mac.
Also Read: 10 New Features in iOS 10 That You May Not Know
Imessage For Macbook
Step 2: Moving your Messages to new Mac
Now comes the second part which consists moving your old messages to new Mac. Before proceeding further just make sure the Messages app is closed on both.
Turn On Imessage Mac
- Switch ON both your old and new Mac devices. Open the Airdrop window on the new and old Macs. (If Airdrop isn’t working, you even use the File Sharing option to transfer data).
- Open the ~/Library/Messages folder on your old Mac and new Mac using the same method which we explained in Step 1.
- Now drag the Messages folder from your old Mac to Airdrop.
- If you’ve already been using the Messages app on your new Mac, first make a copy of this folder and save it on your desktop.
- Delete the data from the Messages folder on your new Mac.
- Drag the data from the Messages folder you copied from your old Mac to the Messages folder (which you recently emptied).
- Restart your new Mac device.
- That’s it friends! You will now see all your old Messages history on your new Mac.
These were the simple steps to transfer iMessage chats from your old Mac device to new Mac.
How To Get Imessage On Mac