How to split and cut videos in windows 10 (NOT TRIM) I was wondering if there was any way to cut or split videos in widows 10 without for free or without 3rd party software. The video editor supplied with windows 10 seems to only be able to trim the video. Easy editing with Free Video Cutter Joiner Free Video Cutter Joiner is a software for cutting and then joining large video files. A simple editing tool that cuts and joins videos in a number of formats. Step 3 (Optional): If you have editing requirements, it also meets your needs (Add subtitle, Rename video, Trim/Clip video, Cut, Crop, Merge videos) Step 4: Click “Run” to start converting with the best video converter for Windows PC, tablet, TV as well as portable devices. Based on the above demands for cropping, we present you all our picks of best video cropping software for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android as well as those online video croppers. On whatever platforms, we try to make sure you get the tools that fit you the best. Best Free Video Cropping Software for Windows #1.
- Free Video Software For Windows
- How To Trim Videos In Windows 10
- Free Video Cutter Software For Windows 10
'I got some home videos in MP4 format. But I need to cut out the unnecessary portions from those MP4 for a special family gathering. Can you recommend a free MP4 video cutter that could trim MP4 videos losslessly on Windows 10? Thanks.'
You may always need to cut MP4 videos for different purposes. In most cases, a comprehensive video editor could easily get the job done. But for most people, a dedicated MP4 video cutter is better as it performs video cutting more efficiently and accurately. In this review, we'll list the top 5 free MP4 cutters to help you split any MP4 video for free on Windows 10 without losing any quality.
- See Also:5 Best MP4 Cutters for Mac/Windows
#1. TunesKit Free Video Cutter
Want the most easy-to-use and lossless MP4 trimmer for PC? TunesKit Free MP4 Video Cutter is the best choice. It can not only cut your MP4 into multiple small segments, but also keep the 100% original quality while splitting the video. With the intuitive user interface, anyone could handle the video cutting process easily. It provides you with two modes to set the start and end points precisely, including using slider bar or setting the time manually.
As a smart free MP4 cutter, TunesKit Free Video Cutter also allows you trim multiple portions from the same MP4 file and then merge those clips into a new video. In addition to MP4, it supports cutting other popular video formats as well, such as MOV, MKV, FLV, AVI, MPEG, 3GP, WMV, etc.
If you however are looking for a more powerful MP4 cutter that can save the video into other formats once trimmed, you can switch to the pro version, that is, TunesKit Video Cutter for Windows. It can not only cut MP4 video losslessly, but also split other videos as well as audio tracks on PC. For more details, read on: How to Cut MP4 Videos on Windows 10.
- Cut MP4 and other videos with no quality loss
- Can't convert MP4 to other formats after cutting
#2. Gihosoft Free Video Cutter
Gihosoft Free Video Cutter is another free and HD MP4 movie cutter to cut MP4 videos quickly and losslessly on PC. With spin buttons, it enables you to control every second while cutting the videos. The whole cutting process could be completed in 3 easy steps: import the MP4 file, set a time range for cutting, and save it as a new video. Apart from MP4 videos, Gihosoft Free Video Cutter also supports other video formats like AVI, MOV, MPEG, RM, ASF, WMV, 3GP, MKV, FLV. Once cut, you can save the new work in several popular formats with original quality.
- Support lossless cutting
- Output profiles need updated
#3. Free Video Cutter Expert
As a full-featured free MP4 cutter, Free Video Cutter Expert helps you to remove unwanted footages from all MP4 videos and other popular formats such as WMV, FLV, AVI, MPEG, MOV, MKV, 3GP, SWF, and VOB with ease. Under its assistance, you can cut MP4 or other videos into one or more clips with millisecond precision. It's embedded with a video player which allows you to preview the original video and destination file during the splitting process. Better still, you can add fade in or fade out effect to make the videos more excellent.
- Auto-shut down the computer when the cut is done
- Provide storyboard display and video player
- Net Framework 2.0 is required
Thanks to the simple UI, AvideMux makes it easy for even beginners to edit and cut MP4 videos. As a handy free MP4 trimmer, it lets you split your MP4 video files and others like DivX, MPG, FLV, MOV, etc. into smaller pieces with filters. The downside of this free MP4 video trimmer is its lack of timeline feature, without which you can't select a precise cutting portion.
- Filter video clips
- No timeline feature
Movica is an open source free MP4 cutter with which you can edit and manage the videos quickly and easily. The simple editing features of Movica provide ability for you to cut videos in form of MP4 and AVI, WMV, FLV, MPG, RM, etc. accurately. What makes it different with other free MP4 video splitters is its support of short-cuts which make the video editing and cutting much easier. Besides cutting the video, it also supports merging several clips together according to your needs.
- Support shortcuts
- Not work stably sometimes
Nick Orin is a review writer, software geek and Mac OS enthusiast. He spends all his free time in searching useful software and gadgets to share with others.
There are many reasons that people need to trim videos. When download a video from YouTube or other websites, for example, there is a high chance that it contains an intro or outro. It is not a waste of time, but also makes the video file larger. On the other hand, most social networks have limitations on video length, such as Facebook allows you to share a non-live video 60 to 90 seconds. Plus, it takes longer time to share long videos through the internet or load them in media players. That is why we are going to identify and list the best video trimming software in the article below.
Top 1: AnyMP4 Video Converter Ultimate
As a flexible video toolkit, AnyMP4 Video Converter Ultimate is a smart option to split videos into clips and remove unwanted parts.
Its key features include:
- 1. Equip the video trimming software for clipping videos on the timeline.
- 2. Trim and combine video clips simply.
- 3. Offer extensive video editing tools besides trim.
- 4. Optimize video quality using advanced technology.
- 5. Preview the effect in real time with the built-in media player.
- 6. Convert trimmed videos to other format or for playback on mobile devices.
- 7. Available to Windows 10/8/8.1/7/XP and Mac OS.
- 1. The interface is user friendly and easy to find what you want.
- 2. Tech savvy can reset custom options to create unique effect.
- 3. The output quality is great.
- 1. It is a desktop program and needs installation.
Top 2: VLC Media Player
- 1. Trim videos and delete unwanted parts.
- 2. Download online videos for editing further.
- 3. Play almost all video formats in original quality, like MKV, MP4, AVI, etc.
- 4. Convert video clips to other formats.
- 1. This video trimming software is available to Windows and Mac.
- 2. It supports a wide range of multimedia formats.
- 1. The workflow is a bit complicated, especially for beginners.
- 2. It lacks other video editing tools.
Top 3: Windows Media Maker
- 1. Cut the video file on the story board or timeline.
- 2. Look at the result within the video player.
- 3. Integrate a variety of video editing tools.
- 4. Share video clips to Facebook or YouTube directly.
- 1. The interface is straightforward.
- 2. This video trimming software contains plentiful functions.
- 1. It is only compatible with Windows PCs.
- 2. The video formats supported are limited.
Top 4: VSDC Video Editor
- 1. Cut video footages on the timeline.
- 2. Support a variety of multimedia formats.
- 3. Provide all basic video editing tools.
- 4. Free of charge.
- 1. This video trimming software has a well-designed interface.
- 2. The output quality is great.
- 1. This video editor is pretty professional and average people may feel frustrated.
- 2. It is large and using a lot of CPU.
Top 5: iMovie
- 1. Provide various video editing tools, including trim videos.
- 2. Check the video output with the media player.
- 3. Include extensive video effects and templates.
- 4. Export video clips for QuickTime directly.
- 1. The interface is intuitive.
- 2. This video trimming software works well on Mac OS.
- 1. It is a paid video editor.
- 2. It only runs on Mac OS X 10.10 and later.
Top 6: VideoPad Video Editor
- 1. Edit videos with trim, cut, split, rotate, and other tools.
- 2. Create videos by recording screen.
- 3. Stabilize video footages in one click.
- 4. Integrate plentiful video effects.
- 1. This video trimming software includes both a free and a pro version.
- 2. It supports various video formats.
- 1. Some features are only available in the pro version.
Top 7: FFmpeg
Main feature:Sketch software for mac free.
- 1. Trim videos using the command line or GUI interface.
- 2. Provide almost all video editing tools.
- 3. Reset resolution, bitrate and other parameters.
- 4. Convert between all multimedia formats.
- 1. This video trimming software supports all video formats.
- 2. It includes a wide range of video editing tools.
- 3. It is compatible with Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
- 1. The command lines are complicated, even for tech savvy.
Top 8: Avidemux
- 1. Trim videos using the A/B buttons simply.
- 2. Include various video and audio filters.
- 3. Encode and convert videos.
- 4. Join video clips, rotate or cut videos.
- 1. This video trimming software is completely free to use.
- 2. The output quality is as good as professional video editors.
- 1. It lacks some features, such as download online videos or share video clips.
Top 9: Premiere
- 1. Cut, split or trim videos on the timeline.
- 2. In addition to trim, offer all pro-level video editing tools.
- 3. Create home-made movies with professional effects.
- 4. Support a wide array of video and audio formats.
- 1. This video trimming software is available to Windows 10/8/7, Mac OS and Linux.
- 2. It exports videos as the highest quality as possible.
- 1. It is pretty expansive and more suitable business usages.
- 2. This program is too large and spends much longer time to render videos.
Top 10: VirtualDub
- 1. Edit videos for free, like trim, cut, rotate and more.
- 2. Batch process videos or process videos frame by frame.
- 3. Downsize, reduce noise, blur or sharpen videos and enhance video footages.
- 4. Process videos with shortcuts.
- 1. This video trimming software includes a variety of functions.
- 2. As an open source project, it is free of charge.
Free Video Software For Windows
- 1. The output quality is a little poor.
- 2. It is only available to Windows PCs.
How To Trim Videos In Windows 10
Free Video Cutter Software For Windows 10
Now, you should grasp at least ten video trimming software and you can pick up the most appropriate option based on your situations. VLC Media Player and VirtualDub, for example, are open source video toolkits that have the capacity to trim videos. Premiere and iMovie are professional video trimmer tools. Windows Media Maker is a good option for Windows PC owners. And tech savvy may prefer to FFmpeg. If you are looking for a flexible video trimming software, we suggest you to try AnyMP4 Video Converter Ultimate. For average people, the one-click video trimming function is easy to use; while advanced users could create unique effect and explore more features.