Desktop Bible is an easy to use offline Bible reading app with a host of useful features. To open two versions side by side, click on the icon on top of the window where Chapters appear.
- Bible Apps For Mac Computers Windows 7
- Free Bible Apps For Laptops
- Free Bible App For Mac
- Youversion Bible App For Mac
The Bible App’s interface is available in more than 60 languages, allowing users to: Read the Bible, or let Audio versions read the Bible to you. Subscribe to Plans, daily portions of Scripture paired with devotional, audio, or video selections. Grow your Prayer life, with Prayers you can keep private or invite Friends. Looking for a Bible software to better help you understand the Bible? Wordsearch Bible offers a Bible study software for pastors, lay leaders, and teachers. Find out more information.
Get PocketBible Now
This product can be downloaded directly to your Mac using OS X 10.7 or later.
Watch instructions (links to QuickTime video) or follow steps below:
- Download the PocketBible disk image (click on button above)
- Locate PocketBible.dmg in your Downloads folder and double-click to run it
- Agree to the License Agreement
- Drag the PocketBible icon into your Applications folder
- To run PocketBible, locate it in your Applications folder and double-click to run it
- Enter a Bible reference to go there instantly. Conveniently consult related commentary and Bible maps in your library (may be sold separately).
- Search your Bibles and books for any word or phrase. Results are sorted by relevance.
- Right click on a verse to get a context sensitive menu that lets you highlight, bookmark, annotate and more.
- Record what you learn by adding rich text notes to any verse in the Bible and to reference books.
- Study the words of the Bible by adding a Strong's numbered Bible to your library. Tap on any Strong's number to view a transliteration and definition of the original language word (books sold separately).
- Adjust PocketBible preferences to read and study just the way you like.
- Expand your library at any time through our in-app bookstore. Download books directly into PocketBible and start studying right away.
It began with a Kickstarter campaign and now this user-supported app is our most powerful and customizable version of PocketBible yet! PocketBible for Mac OS was built upon our many years of experience developing Bible software along with valuable input from PocketBible users. The final result is an app that may tempt even the most casual PocketBible user to buy a Mac.
Download the free PocketBible app from our website. The KJV Bible is included to get you started. If you're new to PocketBible, you'll get instant access to a library of over 40 free Bibles and books upon registration. If you have an existing Laridian account, you'll have access to Bibles and books you've purchased for other platforms. You can expand your library at any time via our in-app bookstore.
Powerful, Customizable and Mobile
PocketBible for Mac OS offers everything you'd expect in a Bible study application and more!
- Fast and easy navigation of your Bibles and Books
- Powerful searching that gives you fast results! Just type in any word or phrase and PocketBible will lead you to the most likely answer.
- A convenient Study Panel and customizable screen layouts help you get started with your studies.
- Easy-to-use note-taking, highlighting and bookmarking to keep track of what you learn.
Fast and Easy Navigation of your Bibles and Books
Whether you're a 'mouse' or a 'keyboard' person, PocketBible features a variety of no-nonsense ways to navigate through your Bibles and books.
- Study Panel - this optional window can be used as your Bible study hub. Tabs for GoTo, Find, Notes, Bookmarks and Highlights make it easy to navigate through your library. It is your guide to making new discoveries about God's Word and keeping track of where you've already been.
- Context menus - Right-click on a verse to see all the things you can do with that verse.
- Customizable toolbar - put your most-used items on the toolbar.
- Keyboard shortcuts - if you like the keyboard, we've included plenty of shortcuts to common tasks.
PocketBible acts like a concordance to locate anything in the Bible by word or phrase. You can search other types of books and your own notes in the same way.
- Smarter Searching - enter a word or phrase in PocketBible and you'll get results sorted by relevance automatically (i.e. exact match, close match, sounds like, same root). No special symbols or complicated search syntax required!
- Narrow your searches by specifying highlight colors, bookmark categories, or portions of the Bible (i.e. New Testament, Pentateuch).
- Strong's number searches allow you to find every occurrence of a particular Greek or Hebrew word by its Strong's number in Bibles that include that feature.
Built-in Study Tools
PocketBible makes common Bible study tasks a pleasure.
- Customizable workspace - Set up PocketBible exactly how you like it! Choose from a variety of customizable screen layouts for your Bibles and books. Open any number of books in each window and drag titles from one pane to another.
- Parallel Bibles - view multiple Bible translations side by side. Keep reference material open and synchronized with your Bibles.
- Easy cross-references - Click on Bible references in the text to view related verses in context.
- Quick lookup - right-click on any word to do a quick search of the current book or look up a definition.
- Word study - add a Bible translations with Strong's numbers and view a transliteration and definition of the original language word with one click (dictionary may be sold separately). Use Strong's numbers in your searches.
- Track daily Bible reading - track your progress through Bible reading plans and daily devotionals. Instantly re-schedule if you fall behind.
- Share Verses - copy verses or passages to other apps using the right-click menu or keyboard commands.
Personalize PocketBible with Notes, Bookmarks and Highlights
PocketBible gives you powerful tools for recording your thoughts and keeping track of what you learn.
- Add your own notes to any verse in the Bible or passage in a reference book.
- WYSIWYG note editor.
- Bible references in your notes are automatically linked to the Bible text.
- Instantly view a list of all your notes.
- Search your notes for any word or phrase.
- Add a bookmark to any verse to make it easier to find later.
- Create your own categories for your bookmarks and use in your searches.
- Browse through a list of all your bookmarks.
- Use color highlights or underline to mark any text.
- Instantly view a list of all verses you have marked and optionally use marks to focus your searches.
- Sync your personal data with the Laridian Cloud so notes, bookmarks and highlights are current across all your compatible devices on which you are using PocketBible. Optionally turn on automatic synchronization and you won't have to think about it again.
Customize your PocketBible Experience
Adjust PocketBible preferences to read and study just the way you like to.
- Bible Settings - enable or disable red letters for words of Christ; show or hide translator footnotes; show or hide word attributes like Strong's numbers and parsing in Bibles that support those features. Choose to display verses in paragraphs or as one verse per paragraph in Bibles that don't already show them that way.
- Fonts and colors - changes fonts, colors (text color, background color, active text and active background), and other styles.
This free version of PocketBible provides all the features you need to read and study the Bible on your Mac or MacBook. But for serious study, consider a subscription to the Advanced Feature Set. Features include the Library Navigator to see everywhere the verse you're studying is mentioned; our unique Autostudy feature to bring together everything in your library to support the study of a passage or word; saved layouts to organize your screen for different tasks; and the ability to enter Journal notes — notes that are not attached to any particular Bible verse.
Running PocketBible on more than one platform? Consider a subscription to the Advanced Feature Set for All Platforms to save at least 20% off the already affordable price.
Requires Mac OS X 10.7 or later. Bone thugs discography.
Copyright © 2010-2021 by Laridian, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Laridian and PocketBible are registered trademarks of Laridian, Inc. DailyReader, MyBible, Memorize!, PrayerPartner, eTract, BookBuilder, VerseLinker, iPocketBible, DocAnalyzer, Change the way you look at the Bible, and The Bible. Anywhere. are trademarks of Laridian, Inc. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.
- You are viewing the mobile version of our website.
- You are not logged in.
- Your IP Address: 22.214.171.124
- Site IP Address: 126.96.36.199
Like and follow us on Facebook.
Follow us on MeWe.
We announce new products via email. If you ask to be removed from any of our mailings, you will not receive these notifications. If your email address changes, make sure you change it here, too.
From time to time we post things on our blog, on MeWe, and on Facebook.
Copyright © 2010-2021 by Laridian, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Laridian, PocketBible, and MyBible are registered trademarks of Laridian, Inc. DailyReader, Memorize!, PrayerPartner, eTract, BookBuilder, VerseLinker, iPocketBible, DocAnalyzer, Change the way you look at the Bible, and The Bible. Anywhere. are trademarks of Laridian, Inc. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.
- You are not logged in.
- Your IP Address: 188.8.131.52
- Site IP Address: 184.108.40.206
You can get the fastest help by helping yourself.
- Make sure you obtain the PocketBible or other Bible reader program that is required to read the Bibles or books you bought.
- Read the confirmation email we send you when you make a purchase
- Read the help that's built into each of our products
- Look through our Frequently Asked Questions
- Submit a Support Ticket
- Email us at [email protected]
Our most popular and longstanding Version 5.2 search engine is comprehensive and designed to make your Bible study experience easy! Just imagine . . . an entire library of Bibles and the most respected reference works at your fingertips . . . all linked together and available instantly at the click of a mouse. Forget searching through web sites that may or may not have what you’re looking for. Study the way you want with your favorite Bibles and references in one place . . . and all at a fraction of the cost of the works in print!
MAC/PC Study Bible's revolutionary SmartView™ with related Greek/Hebrew/Aramaic Word Database, SmartReferences™ and CrossReferences automatically find and display every piece of information in your library that's related to the verse or topic you're studying, so you never waste time with fruitless searching.
Ease of Use
Our most popular and longstanding desktop streamlines your Bible study by providing simple, intuitive, consistent access to all aspects of your library. When you go to any of your commentaries, a convenient Dual-View option lets you select entering the commentary by a verse reference or table of contents view.
An entire library of timeless and most up-to-date, carefully selected reference materials, as well as a continually expanding list of add-on modules are available to keep your library growing.
The Biblesoft Audio/Video System, included with every MAC/PC Study Bible library, lets you play specially formatted audio-video presentations and helps you to pronounce any Greek lexical form word with a simple click in the Complete, Advanced and Professional Reference libraries.
MAC/PC Study Bible . . . designed for the way YOU study!
Other Bible study programs require tightly specified search variables to return successful results. In short, other programs require you to do most of the work to get anything approaching relevant results.
MAC/PC Study Bible is different — it automatically finds all related information for the verse or topic you're studying! Every time you open a Bible or a reference work, MAC/PC Study Bible instantly finds and displays other information from your library about the verse or topic. And because it shows you only the reference works that have relevant information about what you're studying, you never waste value study time!
Start where you want . . . Go where you want.
MAC/PC Study Bible lets you choose where you start your study. Unlike other programs, that force you into starting from a specific place or studying in a specific way, MAC/PC Study Bible recognizes that you have your own way of studying the Bible. So you can start by viewing cross-references, comparing Bible translations, or clicking on any Greek, Hebrew or Aramaic word in any reference to begin a word study. Or with a couple clicks, you can choose to view a selection of commentaries, maps, and even articles on a multitude of topics. The choice is yours.
And once you've begun your study, Biblesofts's powerful linking system enables you to quickly and easily view one reference work after another expanding the information on the subject that you are studying. That's why we say: MAC/PC Study Bible is lighting way your study.
MAC/PC Study Bible Version 5's user-friendly interface makes it easier than ever for you to study the Bible by providing simple, intuitive, consistent access to all aspects of your MAC/PC Study Bible library. This popular version has retained the well-known functions in the same place so you won’t have to relearn where to find information. Our easy-to-use interface is simple to navigate and provides greater flexibility and power with biblesoft's popular features such as the SmartViewTM pane to increase the effectiveness of your personal Bible study.
Bible Apps For Mac Computers Windows 7
Stay organized, no matter how many references you consult
When you begin your Bible study in Version 5, you'll be amazed at how effortless it is to keep track of where you are. That's because each window has a 'tab' at the top, much like a file folder so you can easily see what's open enabling you to switch between windows on the fly, and close any window when you’re finished with it.
Additionally, every tab has 'launch new' button which allows you to use it as the starting point for another branch of your Bible study If you want to retrace your steps, the universal 'Back' and 'Forward' buttons, much like your favorite Internet browser, allows you to return to where you were with a single click of your mouse.
Each of our three (3) MAC/PC Study Bible libraries features the very best conservative, Bible-based reference works for every aspect of Bible study. From classic works like Matthew Henry's Commentary to more modern resources like the Dictionary of Christianity in America, each reference work communicates the central truths of God’s Word in a Biblically accurate way. And MAC/PC Study Bible makes these works even more valuable to your Bible study by linking them directly to the Bible — and to the rest of your library — giving you the most powerful, tightly integrated, yet easy-to-use Bible study library available today!
Now with more content in every library
With reference works like the Wiersbe Bible Exposition Commentary (OT and NT) and never before included add-ons like The Complete Jewish New Testament and Jewish New Testament Commentary, MAC/PC Study Bible Version 5 is an exceptional value! No matter which of our three libraries you choose, you'll receive incredible content at a fraction of the print cost!
Free Bible Apps For Laptops
Keep your library growing continually
Biblesoft is deeply committed to providing you with the most powerful tools to deepen your Bible study, so we're continually adding to our growing list of available titles that plug right into your MAC/PC Study Bible library. With popular additions like the Dictionary of Biblical Imagery, IVP’s 18-volume New Testament Commentary, the Counseling Through the Bible, Biblical Counseling Keys Collection and many more on the way, you're sure to find the add-ons you need to keep your library growing with your every study need!
Free Bible App For Mac
Our ever-popular MAC/PC Study Bible Version 5, features the ability for you to hear an in-program pronunciation of the Greek lexical forms in both the Modern and Erasmian styles.
Youversion Bible App For Mac
As Biblesoft releases more resources that take full advantage of MAC/PC Study Bible Version 5’s in-program ability to play video presentations that tightly integrate with study content, you will be the first to know. Why, because BIBLESOFT values our customers, like you, and is dedicated to continuing to develop new and innovative study tools and options!